Today marks our favorite author’s 31st birthday, and what better of a way to celebrate than with a Saphira cake?
Christopher first wrote Eragon when he was just 15 years old. It’s hard to believe that 16 years have passed since he first brought Alagaësia to life! This is just one of many interesting facts about the author…
- Christopher was homeschooled for his entire education and graduated from high school at 15 – the same year he wrote the first draft of Eragon
- Christopher applied to and was accepted by Reed College but chose to defer his attendance to promote the self-published version of Eragon
- Christopher and his family first published Eragon in 2002 through their small company, Paolini International, LLC.
- Christopher’s books have sold over 35 million copies in fifty-three countries
- Christopher sat atop the New York Times, USA Today, and Publisher Weekly bestseller charts for each of his books
- Christopher was awarded a Guiness World Record for being the “youngest author of a bestselling book series” (awarded on January 5, 2011)
- Christopher is colorblind, which influenced the unique way Saphira sees the world
- Christopher based the early version of Eragon off of himself (and initially named Eragon “Kevin”)
- Christopher based Brom off of his father, Kenneth, and based Angela off of his sister