The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode one of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our debut episode takes a look at what fans should expect from the episode over the next few months, including a major sweepstakes, occasional book giveaways, book discussion, interviews, guest hosts, theories, and more! Additionally, we tackle the first fifteen chapters of Eragon, discussing some of the most important events in the Inheritance Cycle — events which have shaped Eragon’s future, and the future of Alagaesia. Join us as we discuss Eragon’s discovery of Saphira’s egg and all of the resulting events, and be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks!
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Fair warning: this week’s episode runs a bit on the longer side. We had a lot to get through — introducing ourselves, Shur’tugal, as well as the podcast and its contents. This week’s reading was also jam-packed with key events. Future episodes will be kept between 30 and 45 minutes (unless they feature interviews).
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode One:
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode One”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shurtugal.com)
- Hosts discuss first discovering Eragon and why they’ve stuck with the series
- Discussion of Christopher first writing Eragon and his long-lasting impact on the publishing industry and fantasy writing world
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: the prologue; Eragon’s discovery of the egg; Brom’s history of Dragon Riders; Saphira hatches; Saphira is named; Roran leaving Carvahall; Saphira and Eragon’s first flight; Garrow’s death; Brom discovers Eragon is a Rider; Brom joins Eragon and Saphira; Eragon sees Zar’roc
- Hosts discuss their favorite parts of this week’s reading!
- Hosts discuss spoiler-free theories stemming from this week’s reading, including one of our favorites: the “Spine theory”
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- Announcement of next week’s chapters: Saddlemaking through An Old Friend
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode one!
Next Week’s Reading: “Saddlemaking” through “An Old Friend” (stop when you hit “The Witch and the Werecat”)
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode two (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to email@example.com — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 2 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!