The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm, which releases tomorrow, is the first addition to the Inheritance Cycle since the release of Inheritance! The novel features three original stories set in Alagaësia, interspersed with scenes from Eragon’s own unfolding adventure as he struggles with an endless sea of tasks: constructing a vast dragonhold, wrangling with suppliers, guarding dragon eggs, and dealing with belligerent Urgals and haughty elves.
If you haven’t already, be sure to pre-order a copy of the book!
Want to get your hands on more content from the new book while we wait out the last few days?
- Rhymes and Riddles – Angela arrives at the dragonhold with Elva and Solembum
- The Worm of Kulkaras – The beginning of the Urgal legend and the introduction of a new dragon, Vêrmund the Grim
Theories and predictions
- “The Fork”: Murtagh’s short story… will it feature a metaphorical fork in the road or an actual magical fork? We dive right in to find the answer!
- “The Witch”: Angela is set to reveal some of her mysterious past (and possibly future?!) in her memoir, “On the Nature of Stars” … and we have a good idea of what we’ll learn!
- “The Worm”: The Urgal legend is set to introduce us to a new dragon in Alagaësia!
- What’s Eragon been up to?: Did you know that the series has an epilogue, “Jeod’s Letter,” as well as letters from Eragon written after FWW? Learn more in this editorial!
- FWW is NOT Book 5!: Did you know that a fifth Cycle book will be published? Christopher hasn’t started yet, but we already know a ton about its plot!
We have plenty of post-release content planned, so keep an eye on the site and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.