The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode fifteen puts us deeper into BRISINGR… which means that INHERITANCE is so close! The fifteenth installment of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our latest episode tackles several chapters from Brisingr, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. Join us as we discuss Eragon and Arya’s love affair, Elva is “fixed”, Roran wants Eragon to marry him and Katrina, surprise party with the villagers, and the next battle approaches! Plus we tackle some fantastic fan questions and theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Fifteen:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Fifteen”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus), Chris Addison (Shur’tugal), and Robert Cox (Bob)
- Lauren is back home and Bob joins us to make for 4 hosts this week!
- Eragon and Arya talk! Like “friends!”
- We meet Spirits!
- The spirits gild a flower!
- Eragon repays some of his debts.
- Wedding preparations start. Women make crude jokes!
- And, oh yeah, Murtagh and Thorn show up with a 300-strong army.
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We give this week’s sweepstakes word! (Yes, Mike remembered!)
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode fifteen!
Episode Sixteen of the Inheritance Book Club will release on October 7th! Please be sure to read “Fire in the Sky” through “For My Love”, stop when you hit “A Forest of Stone”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode sixteen (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 16 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s very own podcast phone number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at email@example.com — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!