The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode three of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our third episode tackles the third set of chapters from Eragon, discussing some of the most important events in the Inheritance Cycle — events which have shaped Eragon’s future, and the future of Alagaesia. Join us as we discuss ambushes, magic, the death of a beloved character and the introduction of a beloved-and-infamous character. This week also includes some bonus information regarding incredible foreign book covers. Plus we tackle some of the hottest theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks!
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks! (We officially announced the grand prize in this week’s episode!)
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Three:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Three”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shurtugal.com)
- This week’s major tangent: Mike discusses foreign editions of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr — including Palencar’s artwork, incredible Chinese editions, and more!
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: Eragon’s physical changes begin; we meet Angela and Solembum; the prophecies!; Eragon’s dreams of the mysterious woman; we find out who Brom is; we encounter the Ra’zac; explore Dras-Leona; Brom sacrifices himself, dies; we meet Murtagh; and much more!
- Hosts discuss their favorite parts of this week’s reading!
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- Announcement of next week’s chapters: Du Sundavar Freohr through Hunting for Answers
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode three!
Next Week’s Reading: “Du Sundavar Freohr” through “Hunting for Answers”
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode three (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to email@example.com — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 4 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!