The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode seventeen puts us deeper into BRISINGR… which means that INHERITANCE is so close! The seventeenth installment of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our latest episode tackles several chapters from Brisingr, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. Join us as we discuss dwarf politics, an assassination plot, Saphira’s POV, and Roran’s big battle! Plus we tackle some fantastic fan questions and theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Also in this episode, we outline our plan for special guests for episode 19 (Michelle Frey & fan) and episode 20 (Christopher Paolini)!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Seventeen:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Seventeen”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus), and Chris Addison (Shur’tugal)
- Lauren is still in an Italian bathtub!
- Eragon meets Hvedra (Orik’s new wife)
- Dwarf politics! You either love it, or hate it!
- Saphira’s point-of-view provides an interesting perspective.
- Assassination plot afoot! Kvistor (Eragon’s guard) dies!
- Eragon visits Kvistor’s mom, she removes portion of finger.
- Roran disobeys orders, saves lives, gets in trouble.
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We give this week’s sweepstakes word!
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode seventeen!
Episode Eighteen of the Inheritance Book Club will release on October 21st! Please be sure to read “Message in a Mirror” through “Inheritance”, stop when you hit “Souls of Stone”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode eighteen (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 18 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s very own podcast phone number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901