The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode fourteen puts us deeper into BRISINGR… which means that INHERITANCE is getting closer by the day! The fourteenth installment of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our latest episode (and shortest) tackles several chapters from Brisingr, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. Join us as we discuss the off-and-on not quite almost kind of maybe love affair between Eragon and Arya, meeting Tenga, Katrina is preggers, Eragon’s elf protection crew arrives, and more about Arya’s flip-flopping tendencies! Plus we tackle some fantastic fan questions and theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Fourteen:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Fourteen”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus), Chris Addison (Shur’tugal)
- Lauren joins us from a parking lot in New Mexico!
- Eragon runs…and runs…
- Blodgharm arrives with his posse, he’s got that musk smell!
- Eragon runs into Arya in a small town and they get a room!
- Eragon and Arya obliterate a group of soldiers.
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We give this week’s sweepstakes word! (Yes, Mike remembered!)
- We want your feedback!
- Mike spoils Twilight.
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode fourteen!
Episode Fifteen of the Inheritance Book Club will release on September 30th! Please be sure to read “Shadows of the Past” through “Unexpected Guests”, stop when you hit “Fire in the Sky”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode fifteen (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to email@example.com — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 15 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s very own podcast phone number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!