The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode seven of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our seventh episode tackles the second set of chapters from Eldest, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. We thought it’d be one of our slower episodes, but boy were we wrong! Mike mistakenly introduces the show as a Doctor Who podcast before launching back into the “Nasuada: Love Her or Hate Her?” fray he created in past episodes. Join us as we discuss visiting Tarnag, venturing to Ellesmera, encountering new elves in Ceris, Arya and Eragon’s lovers’ quarrels, Roran and Carvahall’s daring defenses, and more! Plus we tackle some of the hottest theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks!
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks! Additionally, this week’s episode contains a way for fans to win a set of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr signed by Christopher Paolini!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Seven:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Seven”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shurtugal.com)
- Welcome to Shurtugal.com’s Doctor Who podcast, where we occasionally discuss Inheritance! Just kidding – no Doctor Who this week, folks!
- A bit of some insider advertising never hurts: Lytherus.com and The Inheritance Almanac yet again
- This week’s tangent: Opinions cannot be wrong! We tackle the Nasuada issue — again
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: visiting Tarnag, venturing to Ellesmera, encountering new elves in Ceris, Arya and Eragon’s lovers’ quarrels, Roran and Carvahall’s daring defenses, and more
- Our first trivia question is introduced, offering fans a chance at winning signed copies of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr!
- Hosts discuss their favorite parts of this week’s reading!
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode seven!
Episode Eighth of the Inheritance Book Club will release on August 18th! This week’s reading is “Arrow to the Heart” through “The Secret Lives of Ants”, stop when you hit “Under the Menoa Tree”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode three (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 7 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at email@example.com — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!
How to enter this week’s trivia contest
Answering the trivia question properly will allow you to enter to win a set of signed Inheritance books, personalized for you by Christopher Paolini! To enter, you must solve the trivia question; once solved, use the one word answer to go to Shurtugal.com/[answer]. Once you find this page you will be prompted to fill out a form with your name and email address. One winner will be chosen at random on August 17th and will be contacted via email and announced as the winner on the show.
DO NOT post the answer to the trivia question in the comments. We will be deleting and suspending any members who do so, as it takes away from the fun and honesty of the contest. Good luck!