Story – Single story with multiple chapters.
Series –Multiple stories by the same author using the same characters.
The majority of fiction on this site will likely be stories.
Adding a story:
• Select Account Info
• Select Add Story
• Areas with a red asterisk (*) are required.
• Title your story
• Type in your username and select it as author. Co-authors are allowed. If there is more than one author you may select them as well.
• Summarize your story. This can be as simple as “Elva becomes a Dragon Rider” or “Eragon finds himself in Westeros.” Things like “Please Read” are not allowed.
• Add your disclaimer in story notes. (Example: Disclaimer: This story contains mild gore and romance and is not suitable for readers under 13.)
• Select the characters that are the focus of your story. You can select more than one character.
• Select the category of your story. You can select more than one category.
• Select a rating for your story. Ratings:
o E – Everyone: Suitable for all ages. May contain minimal mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
o T – Teen: Suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
o M – Mature: Suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
Please note, detailed descriptions of physical interaction of a sexual nature are NOT permitted, even if rated M.
• Is your story complete? If so, click complete.
• Title your chapter. This can simply be “Chapter 1” or a more elaborate chapter title. If the story does not have multiple chapters, this step is not necessary.
• Enter story text. This can be done by copying your text into the text box (see below for formatting tips) or by uploading a .txt or .html file. Please note that .doc and .docx files are unfortunately not accepted.
• Select Preview to see how your story will look.
• If you are satisfied, select Submit.
Adding a chapter:
• Select Account Info
• Select Manage Story
• Select Add New Chapter
• Title chapter
• Enter your text
• Add Story
If you choose to enter the text of your story into the text box there are a few things you can do to make your story look better. Basic html tags are accepted.
Here are some useful tags:
• To make text bold, insert the < b > and < /b > tags on the sides of the text.
• To make text in italics, insert the < i > and < /i > tags on the sides of the text.
• To make underlined, insert the < u > and < /u > tags on the sides of text.
• To start a new paragraph, simply insert < p >. There is no need to close this tag.
• To center text, simply insert < center > and < /center > to the sides of the text you want centered.
• To start a new line, simply insert < br > and < /br > to the sides of the paragraph you are ending. One < br > will have one line break.
Use tags without spaces.