It was easy to miss: Last week, Barnes & Noble announced the Exclusive Collector’s Edition of Eragon releasing December 31, 2018, only available at B&N stores and online.
The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm (a new story following Eragon’s post-Inheritance adventures) will hit store shelves on the same day and will be available at all book stores in the US, Canada, and the UK!
The new edition of Eragon has much more than a fancy new cover! The book will feature nearly fifty pages of new content, including:
- Deleted scenes from Murtagh’s point-of-view, first featured in the self-published edition of Eragon and never publicly shared
- Full-color map of Alagaësia
- 20th anniversary retrospective letter from Christopher
- Q&As on names, languages, characters, dragons, and other aspects of the fantasy world
- Concept art from the illustrations previously featured in each Inheritance Cycle book, including: Saphira’s eye, dwarf runes, the elves’ writing system (Liduen Kvaedhí), and the yawë symbol
- The hand-written first page of Eragon, as well as other images of early plotting and editing
Christopher wrote a letter to fans announcing the new edition and further elaborating on the content announced above on his official website, Paolini.net!
B&N’s Eclusive Collector’s Edition of Eragon is available for pre-order today and will release on December 31, 2018!
And don’t forget to pre-order The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm, with all new content following Eragon and Saphira and featuring new original stories, including a memoir from Angela the herbalist herself!