Last month we launched our Inheritance Cycle Fitbit Community, allowing fans of the series to participate against one another via exercise to win autographed goodies! Our first weekly competition kicked off on February 20th, and our first monthly competition kicks off today, March 1st!
Our Fitbit community is open to anyone who owns one of the brand’s pedometers! You can join the action at any point.
Our weekly competitions reward the top three community members with the most steps in a given seven day period, as well as one random group member. The winners of autographed Inheritance bookplates from February 20th – 26th are:
- First place (most steps): Jay (33,983 average daily steps)
- Second place (most steps): Emily P. (24,304 average daily steps)
- Third place (most steps): Kevin W. (20,992 average daily steps)
- Random participant winner: Justin I. (8,478 average daily steps)
Our first monthly competition, offering larger prizes, kicks off today! Winners will be announced on April 1st. This month’s prize: yawë keychains and an autographed bookplate!
Here’s a preview of the weekly prizes offered throughout March:
- February 27th – March 5th prize: Autographed ‘Saphira Flying’ art print
- March 6th – 12th prize: Autographed Zar’roc art print
- March 13th – 19th prize: Autographed Inheritance bookplate
- March 20th – 26th prize: Yawë cellphone charm
- March 27th – April 2nd prize: Autographed Brisingr bookmark
If you aren’t already a Fitbit owner but are looking to join us in exercising to win prizes, here’s a rundown of available devices for purchase:
Fitbit devices are also available through other retailers and directly from Fitbit’s website.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any user we feel may be cheating or manipulating the competition
- At some point in the future, award limits may be put in place restricting the amount of times fans can win prizes in a row
- We are not officially partnered with or endorsed by Fitbit. We operate this community independently utilizing Fitbit’s free community tools. We’re unable to provide support or make changes to the systems that Fitbit has in place. Please contact Fitbit for support and any community-based recommendations.