If it’s been a while since you last visited us, welcome back. If you’ve never visited us before, welcome! And if you’ve stuck around, waiting anxiously for updates, thanks for your patience – we hope the coming months of content makes up for it!
We have grand plans for Shur’tugal. We aren’t quite ready to reveal everything just yet, but we can tease some fun and interesting projects coming in the future. Before you get your hopes up, there are no book announcements in the coming weeks (however, we will be discussing Christopher’s next book!). Rather, we’re working on internet-related projects that we know you’ll still be very excited about.
We’ve learned through the years that even when there’s no major news, the community is still ready to band together to discuss, theorize, learn and grow, and we’re planning to build on that to bring the Inheritance fan community together for epic projects and more.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect in the coming weeks and months:
- Christopher Paolini’s Facebook fan page is about to get a whole lot more exciting! Be sure to “Like” the page on Facebook to keep up with the latest from Christopher
- Frequent web content is coming, both from Shur’tugal and elsewhere, and you won’t have to wait long to see it all…
- Fan oriented community content, including major projects, discussions, giveaways, contests and more
- We’re re-launching the Shur’tugal Fan Fiction website!
- Lots of fan art reveals, story analysis, looks at Alagaesia being developed in video games, a throwback to the Eragon movie and Eragon video games, and more!
- Interviews – both new and recaps of old interviews
- Artist highlights delving deep into the world of Inheritance art, each telling stories of their own
- Galleries ranging from concept art from the Eragon video game to never-before-seen book tour photos
- Looking back on big and interesting tweets from Christopher’s personal Twitter account
- Updates on Christopher’s next projects!
We may even be launching a potential revival of the Inheritance Cycle Book Club podcast, and that’s up to you guys – if enough people want it, we’ll be bringing it back with a huge (and awesome) twist! We’re exploring other, equally exciting community projects ranging from creating soundtracks for the Inheritance Cycle books and to book clubs!
Shur’tugal will be updated two to five times per week for the foreseeable future, with even more updates planned for our social media accounts. From quotes and fan questions to the latest news and information, you won’t want to miss out on our social media content, found on Twitter at @itsshurty and on our Facebook fan page! If you’re a frequent Facebook user, join our growing fan community of over 20,000 Inheritance fans for news before it hits Shur’tugal, frequent fan discussions and more!
As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback as we begin to find our footing on this new adventure. If you have any features you’d like to see more of or feedback on our first few weeks’ worth of content, please feel free to share it in the comments or on social media.
If you think you may be interested in contributing to the website, please visit the “We’re Hiring” page!