The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode eighteen puts us almost at the end of BRISINGR… which means that INHERITANCE ever so close! The eighteenth installment of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our latest episode tackles several chapters from Brisingr, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. Join us as we discuss Orik’s coronation, the Nasuada whipping incident (finally), Roran gets his own charge and has to fight for it, and Eragon finds out “who’s your daddy”! Plus we tackle some fantastic fan questions and theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Remember, there are special guests on their way for episode 19 (Michelle Frey & fan) and episode 20 (Christopher Paolini)!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Eighteen:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Eighteen”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus), and Chris Addison (Shur’tugal)
- Nasuada has to deal with Urgal problems.
- Orik wins. Duh.
- Saphira and Eragon reunite!
- It’s a coronation! The star sapphire is fixed!
- Eragon heads north.
- Roran gets flogged.
- Roran gets promoted and has to grab leadership “by the horns.”
- Who’s Eragon’s Daddy? Brom is.
- We give this week’s sweepstakes word!
- We want your feedback!
- It’s time for the spoiler section with Bob filling in for Mike. Uh oh!
- End of episode eighteen!
Episode Nineteen of the Inheritance Book Club will release next week! Please be sure to read “Souls of Stone” through the end of the book! This is it! That’s all he wrote (until November 8th)!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode eighteen (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to email@example.com — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 19 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s very own podcast phone number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
And finally, a poll!