The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode eleven (late due to some reason the world could never fully understand) of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our eleventh episode tackles the sixth set of chapters from Eldest, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. In this episode, debate centers around Nasuada…again. Join us as we discuss Eragon breaking arms and taking names with his new strength and power, Roran meets Jeod (rhymes with load!), Roran becomes a pirate, ocean battles versus the Empire, and more Nasuada! Plus we tackle a few theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks! Additionally, the next few episodes will contain ways to win some great prizes!
This week’s sweepstakes word is after the break due to it not being included in the episode.
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Eleven:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Eleven”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shur’tugal)
- Chris is back!
- A bit of some insider advertising never hurts: Lytherus.com and The Inheritance Almanac yet again
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: Roran meets Jeod and finds that Jeod knows a lot, Carvahall pirates a ship and outruns the Empire, Nasuada funds the Varden with lace, Eragon beats Vanir, Eragon receives gifts and leaves for battle, and more
- Orik is the first dwarf EVER to ride a dragon!
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- This week’s sweepstakes word is OCEAN! Since Mike forgot it during the episode.
- Next episode will be delayed as was this week’s episode.
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode eleven!
Episode Twelve of the Inheritance Book Club will release on September 10th (Mike will be out of town for a couple of days)! This week’s reading is “The Burning Plains” through the end of Eldest! Stop when you reach Brisingr!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode twelve (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to email@example.com — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 12 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!