The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode ten (late due to the hurricane) of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our tenth episode tackles the fifth set of chapters from Eldest, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading. In this episode, debate centers around Bob’s dislike for Blagden (how could he??) and his ability to weather the storm! Join us as we discuss the latest in the soap opera that Eragon and Arya’s failed relationship, more fun tidbits of information, the Grey Folk, Eragon’s “back-attacks” are getting worse, the Blood-oath Ceremony, and more Roran! Plus we tackle a few theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks! Additionally, this week’s episode contains a way for fans to win a set of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr signed by Christopher Paolini!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Ten:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Ten”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Robert Cox (Bob)
- Bob makes a guest appearance in the discussion for this episode!
- A bit of some insider advertising never hurts: Lytherus.com and The Inheritance Almanac yet again
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: Eragon and Arya’s epic romantic failures, we learn awesome tidbits about magic and the Grey Folk, BACK-ATTACKS[!], Blood-oath Celebration happens, crazy dragon tattoo spirit thing[!], Roran travels to Narda to shepherd his “herd” to Teirm, Eragon becomes a “princeling,” and more
- What color dragon would the hosts choose?
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- Roran finally finds out his worth! (and it’s over 9000!)
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- Another episode this week (Sunday)!
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode ten!
Episode Eleven of the Inheritance Book Club will release on September 1st (no Hurricanes this week…I hope)! This week’s reading is “Jeod Longshanks” through “To Aberon”! Stop when you reach “The Burning Plains”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode ten (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to [email protected] — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 11 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at [email protected]urtugal.com — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!