The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode six of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our sixth episode tackles the first set of chapters from Eldest, discussing the important events of this week’s set of reading — and trust us, there’s a lot of them! Before the show officially begins, Mike and Lauren find themselves lost in yet another tangent… this week, it’s Doctor Who! Join us as we discuss Ajihad’s death, Murtagh and the Twins’ disappearance/supposed death, Nasuada as the new leader of the Varden, Eragon’s adoption into the dwarven clans, the Varden moving to Surda, and the beginning of their journey to Ellesmera! Plus we tackle some of the hottest theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks!
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks!
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Six:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Six”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shurtugal.com)
- A bit of some insider advertising never hurts: Lytherus.com
- This week’s tangent: Lauren and Mike visit the land of Doctor Who while Chris sulks in boredom
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: Ajihad’s death, Murtagh and the Twins’ disappearance/supposed death, Nasuada as the new leader of the Varden, Eragon’s adoption into the dwarven clans, the Varden moving to Surda, and the beginning of their journey to Ellesmera
- Hosts discuss their favorite parts of this week’s reading!
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- We will be giving away signed books (and possibly more) next episode!
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode six!
Next Episode’s Reading: Read “Az Sweldn rak Anhûin” through “His Enemy’s Face”, stop when you hit “Arrow to the Heart”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode three (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to [email protected] — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 7 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at [email protected] — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!