The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode five of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our fifth episode tackles the fifth and final set of chapters from Eragon, discussing some of the most important events in the Inheritance Cycle — events which will have a significant impact on the future of our favorite characters. Join us as we discuss entering Tronjheim, kings and leaders, Arya, the Twins, battles, breathing fire, and the death of a Shade! This week also includes a behind-the-scenes story from Comic-Con sure to put a smile on any fan’s face. Plus we tackle some of the hottest theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks!
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks! (We officially announced the grand prize in this week’s episode!)
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Five:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Five”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shurtugal.com)
- Shameless self-promotion: This week’s sponsor is The Inheritance Almanac!
- This week’s tangent: Mike shares a hilarious behind-the-scenes story from Comic-Con featuring him, Christopher Paolini, and the lead singer of Mike’s favorite band
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: the exploration of Tronjheim; the introduction of Ajihad, Orik, Hrothgar, and Nasuada; Arya heals; the Twins; the Battle for Farthen Dur; the defeat of Durza; Eragon’s scar; and more!
- Hosts discuss their favorite parts of this week’s reading!
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- Big announcement: Christopher will be joining us soon!
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode five!
Next Episode’s Reading: Begin ELDEST, read through “Retaliation”, stop when you hit “Az Sweldn rak rak Anhûin”!
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode three (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to email@example.com — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 6 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!