The Inheritance Cycle Book Club is a podcast-styled read-through of Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr aimed at refreshing fans and entertaining new readers as we venture toward the release of Inheritance. Each of the twenty episodes will discuss set portions of the books, in order, and will tackle the events of each reading, theories arising from the reading, and more. Join us for our adventure through the series!
Episode two of Shurtugal.com’s Inheritance Cycle Book Club Podcast has finally arrived! Our second episode tackles the second set of chapters from Eragon, discussing some of the most important events in the Inheritance Cycle — events which have shaped Eragon’s future, and the future of Alagaesia. Join us as we discuss Eragon’s discovery of magic, his training with Brom, his first fights with Urgals, Eragon and Saphira’s first real flight, and more! Plus we tackle some of the hottest theories related to this section in our spoiler section at the end of the podcast. Be sure to read along as we read through all three books over the next twenty weeks!
Don’t forget that we’ve “hidden” a secret word in each episode of the Book Club. Collect all twenty words for a shot at an incredible grand prize, as well as many more runners-up prizes to be revealed in the coming weeks! (We officially announced the grand prize in this week’s episode!)
UPDATE: We have just fixed an error with the audio that caused the first voicemail to be muted.
Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Two:
Podcast RSS feed: Add our podcast to your various podcast readers via our podcast RSS feed, located here.
iTunes user? Subscribe to the Book Club on iTunes, located here.
Brief Outline for “Shurtugal.com Presents: The Inheritance Cycle Book Club, Episode Two”:
- Introduction! Your hosts are Mike Macauley (Shur’tugal, Lytherus, The Inheritance Almanac), Lauren Zurchin (Lytherus.com), and Chris Addison (Shurtugal.com)
- We jump into the book, discussing this section’s key events, including: Eragon being given Zar’roc; the three-book-long hunt for the Ra’zac beginning; details on dragons and the fall of the Riders; Eragon and Brom begin their sparring lessons; Brom can use magic; first encounter with Urgals; Eragon uses magic; Eragon learns about magic; true names; Eragon and Saphira’s first real flight; first encounter of Angela and Joed; scrying, and much more!
- Hosts “Project Zar’roc” — Shur’tugal and its visitors had Zar’roc created for Christopher Paolini. View a gallery of the sword here.
- Hosts discuss their favorite parts of this week’s reading!
- Hosts discuss spoiler-free theories stemming from this week’s reading and hear fan voicemails
- Hosts discuss some observations from this reading — facts to keep in mind going forward
- We reveal this week’s “sweepstakes word”… you’ll have to listen to hear it!
- Announcement of next week’s chapters: The Witch and the Werecat through Capture at Gilead
- We want your feedback!
- The spoiler-free portion of the show ends with a spoiler warning as we begin to discuss our spoiler-ridden theories!
- End of episode two!
Next Week’s Reading: “The Witch and the Werecat” through “Capture at Gilead” (stop when you hit “Du Sundavar Freohr”)
Contribute to the show — offer your opinions via comments, email, or voicemail and we’ll read/play them during the show!
We want to involve our listeners in each show’s discussions as much as possible. This means we want to hear from you! We’re looking you to share your thoughts, theories, and discussion points on the next set of chapters for episode three (listed above). The best of these thoughts will be read or played during the next episode of the Book Club!
- Share your thoughts via text: If you have thoughts, opinions, discussion points, or theories on the next set of reading, please send them to [email protected] — be sure to keep them as brief as possible. Also be sure to include “Episode 3 Thoughts” in the subject!
- Leave us a voicemail to be played during the show: Here’s your chance to be heard on an episode of the Book Club! Call Shur’tugal’s personal number and leave a voicemail with your thoughts and theories — keep your message as brief as possible. The best will be played during the show. Call Shur’tugal at: (347) 688-0901
We want your feedback!
We’re looking for your feedback! We want to create the perfect book club for fans of the Inheritance Cycle; to do this, we need to know what you’re thinking after our first show. What worked? What didn’t work? What changes would you like to see made? Is there anything you’d like added to the show? Please — let us know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate all feedback and ideas. Submit your thoughts in the comments below or send us an email at [email protected] — be sure to include the word “Feedback” in the subject!