Time for a new session of questions and answers with Christopher Paolini! As many of you know, Shur’tugal began a series of interviews with Christopher in 2009, where we ask our visitors to submit their questions, which are then chosen through by the staff of Shur’tugal… with the very best making their way to the desk of Christopher Paolini. Once Christopher answers the questions submitted, the full transcript is posted on Shur’tugal for all to see. Due to the incredibly overwhelming response from our visitors — over 450 comments in 24 hours — we are closing question submissions for the eighth Q&A with Christopher Paolini. Check back next month for the next round!
If you feel as though your question still deserves to be asked, if you didn’t get a chance to ask your question last time around, or if you’ve thought up a new question since our previous interviews, feel free to contribute. However, before doing so, please review the following guidelines for asking a question:
Please do not ask these questions (they will not be asked in an interview; we can assure you Christopher will not be able to answer these questions):
- When will Book 4 be released? What is the title of Book 4? (Answered in our last interview with CP.)
- Who will be the last Rider?
- Any question pertaining to key plot points (or even vague plot points) that will be revealed or resolved in Book 4. (Examples: How will Galbatorix die? Will Galbatorix die? Will Roran become the king of Alagaesia? Will Eragon marry Arya? Will Murtagh turn good?)
- Christopher, what is your email address? (Don’t ask!)
- Do not ask a question that has been asked and answered before, especially in a previous Q&As (check out our Q&A archive to see what’s already been asked and answered!)
- Do you have any news on a possible Eldest movie? (Answer: there has been no news regarding future Inheritance movies. If this changes, it’s a safe bet that you’ll find the news on Shur’tugal the minute it’s announced!)
- Please check out our past Q&As to ensure you aren’t asking a question that’s already been answered.
We will be taking questions until the comment function is disabled roughly one week from this article’s post date. If you want to make sure your question has a chance of being asked in this Q&A, make sure to submit the question as soon as possible! If you are unable to comment before the time runs out, never fear – you can submit your question for the next Q&A!
Our interview with Christopher will be posted here on Shur’tugal once we’ve closed the comments, have chosen the questions, and have received Christopher’s answers! Please note that Shur’tugal staff will be the ones who pick through and choose the questions to be asked during this round of questions. If your question is not asked, feel free to post it again for a future Q&A when the time comes.
Shur’tugal’s new comment system allows thumbs up/thumbs down on comments as well as threaded comments (the ability to reply to a post). Please make use of these new features to rate questions you like or don’t like, as well as letting someone know if they’ve asked a question that won’t be answered.